Final Whitefield Wanderings

Luckily the government lifted the Sunday curfew this week and this gave me an opportunity to go for one last long walk around the local neighbourhood in Whitefield. Sleep is not coming easily at the minute, so I was up and out by 5.30 to capture the morning rituals.
As much as I am looking forward to being back in Australia and to have this never-ending Indian lockdown behind me, I really will miss this crazy country.  

Now to start the endless sorting, packing, throwing, moving, labelling and giving away.  Seriously, this must be the last move for a while - 6th move in 7 years.  I am done !!

Here are a few snaps of my morning adventure 😊


Nearly all the local vendor carts are empty/closed during this time :(

Yes, there is a man up that pole and the only reason I knew he was there, was as I walked underneath he dropped a stick on my head……..  I then crossed the street to take a photo and he wasn't happy !!

These little ones were so so cute
sleepy head

What you lookin at ?

The colours in this sari

Morning Chai

Hanuman- God of Strength and Energy - Just what I need now

The local temple

the new Metro - you never ever see it this quiet.

Max's old cricket club 

morning duties done !

I cannot imagine being homeless in India and with monsoon now here it is really scary to think people live like this


The pack was out and about this morning 

This is just outside the back gate of our community and it has been a goat track for a few months now and with the rain it is even worse.

more metro shots


This tree fell during last nights storm and there are electrical wires (many of which will be live) all through it….. this is near the front gate of our community !

This is not a warped photo - this is how the wheel actually is !!


just a few wires

nice spot to rest


Final Tuk Tuk sightings
Maybe this will be Mike and I in years to come - sari and all

Comments

Popular Posts