Guest Blog from the Boys

I have recently been boring you with what has been going on in our 'Covid19 bubble' here in Bangalore, so today I thought I would get the boys to do the same.  I asked Jack to discuss homeschooling in India during the Covid19 pandemic and I asked Max to write about what it is like to live in India during this time but it actually ended up about homeschooling as well.  I suppose that is the gist of most days for him.  We have just been told of total lockdown in our community, so we are not able to leave or have people come in until next Wednesday - more fun times ahead.

Enjoy the boys thoughts - they are so 'cheery' !!!

First up is Jack:

Homeschooling in India is unique, when my brother and I are doing work from home we get stressed and angry with each other. This is because we are forced together in the same house day after day and sometimes we can get on each other's nerves but after the work is done we are fine. What we normally do for the day is we work on our schoolwork all morning from 8 AM until midday and then go and do some active stuff in the backyard or an activity in the house. There are days that you get loads of work that teachers assign us and then are days when we have barely no work to do. 

I think the hardest part of homeschooling is the fact that we have to do video calls with our teachers and peers. When one of us is on a call everyone in the house has to be quiet, that is not a problem, but sometimes when you are on the call it either drops out or the screen freezes. So it is just hard when you are doing everything online. I think the main problem with the work that the teachers are giving us is that it is all on our laptop. There is no physical writing we have to do.  Overall I think that homeschooling has its positives and negatives but we are adapting to new things as a family.


And now for Max:

Living in India has been a weird experience. It has been weird because everyone has left and now I have to be with my brother all the time. Also the work has been very annoying. It has been annoying because if you don't understand something you have to email the teacher and sometimes they don't reply for a long time and that annoys me. Also there has been this thing called zoom and you have to go online and talk with everyone and it is annoying because the teachers don't know that sometimes you can’t hear them. Also during the day of curfew, we could not leave the house and it was so boring.

Comments

Popular Posts