Boarding School - Part I from Jack

It's now been a week since we left Jack at boarding school an hours' flight away and to say that the week has been tough is an understatement.  There have been loads of tears and lots of heart to heart talks from all of us, just to get through the week.  Some sleepless nights and long days, as there have been a number of days off school (not all planned) for Jack.  Sitting and having nothing to do is a recipe for disaster when you start at BS.

We didn't expect the homesickness to kick in as quickly as it has for Jack. However, the benefit of it hitting so soon after starting, is that he will be out the other side of the sadness very soon.  I know from personal experience how sad you can be away from family and have had to be strong this week to ensure we all stay level headed.

Jack is a champion and I know he will smash this school year out of the park.  He wrote a little mini-blog for you all:

I have been here for a week now and I have not particularly enjoyed boarding school so far. Although I have now agreed to work really hard so that at the end of the first semester, Mum, Dad and I will sit down and have a discussion about what we should do. This Thursday the 23rd of August I will have tryouts for the Phuket Soccer 7’s that I competed in 3 years ago. I really really want to get in.  

Over the week that I have been here, I have released how much my family means to me and how much I need them in my life. But for now I am focusing on the earliest time I will see Mum, Dad and Max. So for now I am just working hard and trying to earn a yes from Mum and Dad in December.

Jack will provide another update in a couple of months. x

Comments

Popular Posts